LaGrange County REMC encourages members to call our office to discuss possible payment arrangements prior to being disconnected. The REMC will review any reasonable good faith effort toward members who are truly making the effort to keep their account balance current.
An electric service may be disconnected for nonpayment if the bill is not paid by the disconnect date that is printed in red on the past-due bill.
Prior to disconnecting
The REMC will make every attempt to notify members of a pending disconnect:
- With a disconnect notice mailed to the member.
- With a courtesy telephone call to the member’s home phone number on file.
- An initial collection charge made to the home.
If disconnected, members will be required to pay the past due amount, the current amount due, a deposit, and reconnection fees before electric service will be restored.
- Past due amount, and current amount due ( noted on bill)
- Deposit (equal to three times member’s highest bill from past twelve months)
- Reconnection fee ($60 = $20 Collection Charge + $40 Reconnect Fee)
Service will be restored Monday thru Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. (Payments must be received by 3:00 p.m.) There will be no reconnections made evenings, weekends, or holidays.
If you have any questions or concerns about deposits or fees, please contact our Customer Service Department at: [email protected] or 877.463.7165.